Thanks to BuzzFeed Food and Pinterest, finding the perfect summer drink is even easier than a cookbook.
Just recently, I stumbled across the perfect link on BuzzFeed to a list of refreshing, non-alcoholic summer drinks (https://www.buzzfeed.com/realsimplegood/10-light-and-refreshing-non-alcoholic-summer-drink-2cs3v). Out of the ten recipes, the one that caught my eye the most was the recipe for Roasted Peach & Strawberry Fizz. It sounded so unusual and different due to the fact that it had the word “roast” in it, but it only intrigued me more to want to make it and try it for myself.
Spoiler alert: it’s actually really good.
(Link for the recipe: http://www.useyournoodles.eu/roasted-peach-strawberry-fizz/)
600 g Strawberries
1 1/2 Cup of Apple Juice
1 1/2 Cup of Sparkling Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 (degrees fahrenheit)
2. Cut peaches and strawberries in half (and remove the pits from the peaches)
3. Place the fruit on a baking tray with foil and bake for 25 minutes
4. Take out tray and let cool for 10 minutes
5. Remove the skins from the peaches and and blend the peaches together with apple juice in a blender
6. Blend the strawberries separately
7. Combine both blends together into one glass with ice, and enjoy!
After gathering all of the ingredients, and placing them on the baking tray and into the oven, bake for 25 minutes and then allow 10 minutes for cooling.
Once cool, remove the peach skin and blend the peaches and strawberries separately.
Once blended, combine into one glass and enjoy!
I would highly recommend this recipe, as well as the nine others on the list for those who want to enjoy a new drink recipe for the summer and try something new.