I am a total city girl and absolutely love life in the city. The convenience of everything being so close, being able to walk anywhere you want to go, the endless amount of shopping and restaurants, and the life and energy of the city. It’s the best! It’s crazy how I’ve lived in Seattle my whole life and still finds parts of the city I have never been to before, always makes for a fun day exploring. This weekend, my boyfriend and I had a full downtown Seattle day and it was SO much fun (Saturday Funday!). Trying new restaurants, exploring parts of the city we had never seen, and doing some shopping, definitely a 10/10 day.
Continue reading “Urban”
Happy Friday, everyone, and TGIF! SO ready for the weekend after this crazy busy week.
For today’s outfit, I am definitely ready for spring, even though there is still snow on the ground around Seattle and 30-degree weather. I have started spring shopping by searching for bits and pieces of brighter, eye-catching wardrobe pieces that make any outfit look fun and ready for the season.
Continue reading “Spring Flare”
I am SO excited about today’s outfit! I recently scored these Free People skinny jeans from Nordstrom and they are literally a wardrobe staple for spring. They go with everything and that is what I love about them! They have easily become my new favorite pair of skinny jeans. I have always loved jeans that have some holes in them like these ones do in the knee, I think it’s such a cute denim trend! I have styled the jeans with one of my favorite pairs of booties from Macy’s and a front-tie “Pretty Grunge” tank from H&M. Even though I woke up to snow and 25 degree weather this morning here in Seattle, I am so ready for spring and am on the hunt for spring clothing, no more winter please, I got my mind on spring time!
Free People High Rise Busted Knee Skinny Jeans // Nordstrom
American Rag Ankle Booties // Macy’s
“Pretty Grunge” Front-Tie Tank // H&M
Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses // Sunglass Hut
Happy Friday! So ready for this long, holiday weekend! Today I have decided to share with all of you a closer look into my life and the true life of the writer behind JustKels by sharing some facts you probably don’t know about me, other than the fact that I love to travel and love fashion. I always love reading these kinds of blog posts because it helps me get a better understanding of the bloggers I follow and really helps me get to know them through their websites and social media. I love how honest and personal they can be and how well these kinds of posts can connect you with others.
- I am an off-and-on tennis player. I have played tennis for about 10 years and was ranked #3 on my high school’s 4A varsity tennis team, also nicknamed “The Kelsonic Boom” by my tennis coach from the strength and power of my ground strokes.
- I am an extroverted introvert. While I love to go out and have fun with friends and family, meet new people, try new things, explore new places, and take lots of pictures, I also absolutely need to have my me-time and just stay in. Sometimes I can be pretty introverted and not want to go out at all or socialize, so I definitely consider myself somewhere in between introvert and extrovert.
- I am currently a junior in college. I go to Washington State University at a branch campus near my home where I study Communications/Marketing and Business. For my first 2 years of college I attended the main campus in Pullman but transferred back home. Pullman and eastern Washington just wasn’t for me and I am loving continuing my WSU education closer to home. It’s a great school, Go Cougs!
- I have been together with my boyfriend, Josh, for a little over a year and a half now and I am so happy. He is my soul mate and we have the best time together, we do everything together. We met each other at Macy’s, where we both work, and had an instant connection and are each other’s best friend.
- It has been a life-long dream of mine to live in Southern California or New York City. I have lived in Seattle my whole life, and while it is an amazing place to live with so much to see and do, I’ve lived here for so long that I am so ready for something new. Whenever I go on trips to LA, San Diego, or NYC, I am always so happy and have the best time. I cannot wait to someday make my dream a reality.
Thanks for reading! I had a lot of fun writing this post, of course I’ll be doing something like this again in the future. There is still so much more about me that you may not know that I would love to write about and share with all of you. Let me know below some of your thoughts on what surprised you the most from this list and what some fun facts about you are, I’d love to read your comments!
Hey everyone, what a crazy weekend it has been! Between homework, studying for midterms, work, and other weekend activities, you could say I’m a little overwhelmed!
First of all, I’d just like to take a moment and obsess over how sunny it has been these past few days here in Seattle. I thought I’d never seen the sun again after all of the rain we have had every single day for the past month. It’s honestly blinding at this point. The sunny weather has definitely boosted my motivation and has made me a bit happier knowing that spring is right around the corner (minus the fact that because the sun came out the temperature dropped about 15 degrees, ugh!). But no more dark and dreary winter days, so over it! I feel more motivated to get stuff done, do some spring cleaning, and just feel better about myself. It’s amazing that sunny weather can do all of that to someone!
Starting my weekend off on a high note, I got a new car and I am LOVING it! As my old car has started to go down hill, it was time to say goodbye unfortunately. But with a new car I honestly feel like I have been driving all weekend, just driving around and having fun in the new ride! It’s a used (but new to me!) Volkswagen GTI and it is SO much fun having a little sports car.
Weekend Eats: Believe it or not, I have never been to Panera Bread before and finally had the chance to this weekend and it was delicious! The grilled cheese sandwich and strawberry banana smoothie was just what I needed for a quick fill-me-up kind of meal.
Other than the fact that I have been driving around all weekend and working, I am finally enjoying a lazy but productive Sunday focusing on upcoming midterm exams and research papers. The motivation struggle has definitely been real this semester, but with sunny weather and spring right around the corner, it is just the motivation I need to help get me through the semester! Plus, topping off my study session today, my boyfriend and I are treating ourselves to some fro-yo tonight and I am super excited about it.
Here’s to starting off the new week right and powering through the stress!