For those of you that really know me, you know I am totally obsessed with smoothies. I love so many different kinds of fruit which makes blending different fruits and juices together so much better!
So today I thought I’d do something a little different and fun by sharing with you all my strawberry banana smoothie bowl recipe! One thing I love about smoothie bowls compared to regular smoothies is that you can add fruit toppings and oats on top of the already blended together fruits and juices. It adds a little something extra and it’s SO GOOD and so aesthetically pleasing. Perfect for breakfast or a snack!
While some smoothies contain a lot of dairy products, I don’t always do this with the smoothies I make because of my lactose intolerance (can only handle so much dairy). So instead of using milk or yogurts, I substitute these with some of my favorite juices, like orange juice and lemonade. This is just the way I like to make it though, you totally have the freedom to use different kinds of milk and yogurt instead of juices like I did. But I also love my smoothies super fruity, I think all of it combined together is absolutely delicious.
1 Pack of Strawberries
1 Pack of Raspberries
Orange Juice (of your choice) – I used Tropicana Orange Juice with Calcium
Raspberry Lemonade (of your choice) – I used Simply Lemonade (Raspberry)
Blender (of your choice) – I use the NutriBullet Magic Bullet Blender (side note: This is the best blender I have ever had! It’s so quick and efficient, I can’t go back to any other!)
- Gather necessary ingredients and supplies (How much fruit and juice you use will depend on your blender size. Directions here are based on the NutriBullet Magic Bullet Blender)
- Cut up 6 strawberries
- Cut up 1 banana
- Gather 10 raspberries
- Pour fruits from steps 2-4 into the blender
- Fill blender with half orange juice and half lemonade
- Blend until perfection
- Once blended, pour the smoothie into a bowl of your choice
- Cut up 4 strawberries
- Cut up 1/2 banana into small slices
- Gather 5 raspberries
- Place fruits from steps 9-11 into rows of any order you choose on top of the smoothie in the bowl
- Sprinkle Quaker Oats to border the fruit toppings
Thanks for reading, I hope you guys enjoyed this post!
For those of you that try out the recipe, I’d love to hear what you think and how yours turned out! And feel free to contact me if you want to see more recipe posts from me or have ideas of anything else you want to see, would love to hear some of your thoughts!